Saturday, March 8, 2008

Doldrums - Winter/Spring - Colorado

Well, it's that time of year again. Colorado weather teases us into believing that winter is over and then bashes us with another day of cold and a couple of inches of snow. It is the time of year that ol' Tex sort of gets confused and develops a glazed look in the eyes.

This ain't just because of the oscillations in the weather. I still have to work, and work has been hectic of late. I seem to be going at full speed for 9 or 10 hours a day without no stopping for grub. When I finally get home and stable ol' Olga (my trusty steed), I'm finding it takes a little while to wind down. A glass of bourbon helps, although sometimes a "How was your day?" from my sweetie causes blood pressure to rise while I recall the day's frustrations, setbacks and absurdities. It will be alright. It will let up. It will let up. Please!

Still, hope springs eternal. We anxiously await this weekend's transition to daylight savings time. I sure do enjoy having daylight when I get home. Just hope the extra hour of daylight don't burn up the crops.

"Tex"

No comments: